Finishing your basement is a process that requires specialized knowledge and skills, so you should find a professional basement finishing Tuscany area contractor if you want the best results and efficiency. However, finding a specialist with experience in basement remodeling is not always easy, not because they are hard to find, but because it takes some time to and evaluate them in order to make sure that you are hiring the best one.
You will have to browse through companies` websites, verify the information you find, read reviews, get in touch with previous clients, contact contractors, study and compare written estimates you receive etc.
These are 10 important questions that will help you get the information you need, when you discuss with various contractors.
- How long is your experience in basements finishing projects?
- Are you a general construction company, or a basement-only contractor?
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have insurance?
- How about the people your team? Are they all experienced and qualified workers?
- Can you give me some references, so I can go see some of the basements you have finished?
- Will you give me a free and complete written estimate?
- Are you familiar with local building codes?
- Will you also pull the permits?
- Do you use products that are specially designed for basements?
- Can I pick the construction materials from anywhere I want, or you have a selection catalogue of your own materials to choose from?