Having a basement can be of tremendous help for adding some quality and useful space to mostly any home. But what are the most recent design trends for finishing or remodeling your basement? In order to get a better idea about the best solutions available, here are a few ideas:
- One interesting trend is that of incorporating vintage elements into the contemporary-looking ones. Also-known as anti-minimalist design, this trend often incorporates floral elements and vintage prints. But the trick here is to keep a perfect balance between the old and the new. For instance, you could match your antique writing table with a contemporary painting or sculpture.
- The dark and humid type of basement is no longer trendy, and is replaced by the so-called “warm and earthy trend”.
- Using natural materials is another popular trend for 2021 basements. Again, keeping the balance is essential.
- The sustainability trend is another popular option for 2021 basements. This implies using more recycled materials or products which are made with sustainable practices.
- Minimalist solutions are also very popular this year. This refers to the fact that the space is typically modern and devoid of any extra embellishments, making the “less is more” statement. Make sure to hire a professional in the basement remodeling business with experience such as Basement Finish Specialists who will produce a space that you will absolutely love to live in.