Hiring a basement finish specialist is necessary if you transform your basement into a room with another destination. Finishing a basement requires a lot of work and it is a quite large investment. However, if you do it properly, it will add up to 70% of the project cost in home value, so you may want to at least consider transforming that useless space into a nice room destined for fun or relaxation.
You can reach this by hiring a good basement finish specialist. But first, you will have to pay attention to some specific details:
- Know what you can afford and set your budget.
- Look through contractors` websites and portfolios available online
- Also look for reviews and ratings (you can find them on independent sites such as HomeAdvisor)
- Schedule appointments with a few basement finish specialists
When you meet them, make sure to ask the following questions:
- Are you licensed and insured? Can I get some proof?
- How extensive is your experience with finishing basements? Can you indicate me a few references that I can contact?
- Will my basement remodeling project require special permits? Are you familiar with local building permits? Will you get them for me?
- Can a get a written estimate for this project, with materials, costs, basement finishing Centennial subcontractors and deadlines?