https://aurorabasements.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/BFS_Logo_NoBack-1-300x144-1-1-300x144.png 0 0 aurorabasements https://aurorabasements.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/BFS_Logo_NoBack-1-300x144-1-1-300x144.png aurorabasements2020-11-19 10:57:392020-11-19 10:57:39Things to Consider When Deciding if You Should Finish Your Basement
Things to Consider When Deciding if You Should Finish Your Basement
Before finishing your basement, you need to determine the destination of this space and draw up a plan that will divide it into different areas. For example, if you choose to turn it into a wine cellar, you will need an area for storing wine, another one where you can install equipment that ensures humidity control, as well as a place for tasting the wine.
Regarding the necessary works, it is advisable to take into account the following aspects:
- If you want to turn it into a wine cellar, it is good to make this decision before pouring the foundation, because a basement that serves this purpose must have a depth of about 4 meters. In this way, the right temperature is ensured for keeping the wines in good conditions.
- Regardless of how the basement will be used, waterproofing the walls, floor and ceiling is mandatory, the concrete walls being attacked by water and frost infiltrations. Waterproofing is usually made with bituminous membranes, classic or reinforced with polyester, or, more recently, with liquid membranes. This is probably one of the most important steps in a basement remodeling Centennial home project.
- Additionally, windows and doors must also be insulated, to maintain a stable temperature.
- The floor can be made of stone or ceramic tiles – in general from moisture resistant materials; linoleum and textiles are not the best idea.
- You may also want to consider an air conditioning installation or an adequate ventilation system, to maintain the quality of the air in your newly remodeled basement.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!